WYOY “Y101 Moneyball” Contest Rules
WYOY-FM contests are open to anyone living and/or working in the WYOY-FM (Y101) listening area. Some contests are subject to age and/or other requirements which will be broadcast on
WYOY-FM and posted at the WYOY-FM office located at 265 Highpoint Drive, Ridgeland, MS 39157
- WYOY-FM allows only one winner per household per contest unless otherwise specified. Waiting periods for becoming eligible to win again are listed below.
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
- Employees of New South Radio, Inc. dba The Radio People and WYOY-FM, and its owners, agencies, agents, sponsors and their families within the same household are ineligible to win.
- Winner will be responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes pertaining to prize(s) won. Winners of prizes may be subject to receiving a 1099 tax form for federal income tax reporting and will therefore be required to complete a W-9 form prior to receiving the check.
- Prize(s) may not be exchanged, substituted or refunded unless otherwise specified. However, WYOY-FM reserves the right, if we choose, to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value if circumstances warrant. Again, the choice of substitution is totally at the discretion of WYOY-FM.
- WYOY-FM will solicit the 10th caller on the WYOY-FM studio lines multiple times each weekday to give away an entry in the “moneyball drop” grand finale event. If the caller fits eligibility requirement, he/she will be a finalist in the WYOY-FM $10,000 Moneyball Finale on Saturday, June 16, 2018. Location and time TBD. New South Radio, Inc., dba the Radio People and WYOY-FM is not responsible for ANY telephone malfunction. To participate, call WYOY-FM at 601-995-1017 when the cut to call is aired on WYOY-FM. Listeners may qualify up to five times. Upon check-in on Saturday, June 16, 2018, qualifiers will be required to present photo ID. Qualifiers will then be presented with a number. At cut-off time, TBD, WYOY-FM personalities will drop all the balls towards the target and at the same time. The ball that lands closest to/in the target will be determined the winner and the qualifier who is assigned the winning ball will win $10,000. In the event that more than one ball lands in the target, the ball at the bottom of the target cup will win. In the event that no balls land in the target, the ball that is closest to the target will win. If the distance is too close to tell, a measuring tape will be used to measure the distance and determine the winner. In the event of a tie, a random drawing will be held to determine the winner. Any qualifiers who do not show up to event and in the registration line be time TBD will forfeit their entry into the contest. Qualifiers who would like to have a representative take their spot in the contest must inform WYOY-FM MANAGEMENT by 3pm Wednesday, June 13, 2018. IN THE EVENT THAT A REPRESENTATIVE WINS THE GRAND PRIZE, THE CHECK WILL STILL BE ISSUED IN THE ORIGINAL QUALIFIER’S NAME. In the unlikely event of a malfunction WYOY-FM reserves the right to perform a drawdown drawing. In the event of a drawdown, all entry numbers will be entered and drawn at random. Once WYOY-FM releases a check to the winner, the check must be cashed within 90 days or the check will be void and WYOY-FM will not be held responsible for any winnings.
- Participants of WYOY-FM contests and promotions must be at least 18 years old, and can win only once every 90 days where the prize value is greater than 600 dollars. You can win only once every 30 days where the prize value is less than 600 dollars, unless otherwise specified. See paragraph 4 relating to taxes.
- The WYOY-FM management reserves the right to withhold prize(s) from any contest winner as a result of giving false information upon winning the prize (s).
- All prize claims are subject to verification. A valid photo ID driver’s license is required or two forms of other ID, one being photo, and the other either birth certificate or social security card.
- Prizes cannot and will not be transferred to anyone else. If you decide that you cannot use or do not want the prize you won, the prize will be forfeited. You are, however still ineligible to win again for thirty (30) days.
- All prizes are forfeited unless claimed within 30 days or unless prior arrangements are made.
- WYOY-FM disclaims any responsibility for the inability to complete a phone call whether due to telephone equipment or overload and/or malfunction, busy lines, etc.
- The winner waives any and all claims of liability against New South Radio, Inc. dba The Radio People and WYOY-FM, its owners, its employees, and agents for any accident, loss or injury occurring as a result or consequences of any contest or prize(s). WYOY-FM also remains harmless for any contest conducted with a sponsor or third party affiliate, where the delivery of the prize becomes impossible and/or substitution is necessary due to cancellation of event, failure to deliver, act of God, or any other reason in which WYOY-FM had no prior knowledge or reason to believe this type of occurrence would take place.
- Acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission of WYOY-FM, its sponsors and its agencies to use winner name, voice and/or likeness for purposes of advertising on all forms of media including print, broadcasting, and internet without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- Calling the WYOY-FM studio lines for contest participation or otherwise, gives consent to record and/or broadcast telephone calls on air without further acknowledgement or notification.*i.e. (601) 995-1017.
- By participating in a WYOY-FM contest, participants agree to be bound by the official rules and the decision of WYOY-FM management. Rules are subject to change.
- All prizes can be claimed at the WYOY-FM office at 265 Highpoint Drive, Ridgeland, MS 39157 during business hours, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, unless otherwise sp0ecified and/or arranged with the WYOY-FM Business Office.
- Odds for winning the “Y101 Moneyball Contest” depend on the number of eligible contestants and balls dropped and the number of balls qualified for by each contestant.
- Any discrepancies, conflicts, or confusion in relation to any contest will be referred to WYOY-FM programming management. The decision of WYOY-FM (New South Radio, Inc. dba WYOY/Y101) is final.