WYOY-FM contests are open to anyone living and / or working in the WYOY-FM listening area. Some contests are subject to an age and / or other requirements which will be broadcast on WYOY-FM and posted at the WYOY-FM Building, 265 Highpoint Drive, Ridgeland, MS. 39157
1. WYOY-FM allows only one winner per household per contest unless otherwise specified. Waiting periods for becoming eligible to win again are listed below.
2. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
3. Employees of New South Radio, Inc. d.b.a. The Radio People and WYOY-FM, and its owners, agencies, agents, sponsors and their families within the same household are ineligible to win.
4. Winner will be responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes pertaining to prize(s) won.
5. Prize(s) may not be exchanged, substituted or refunded unless otherwise specified. Y101 reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value if circumstances warrant.
6. WYOY-FM will play “the Greedy Pig sounder” on the air and solicit the 10th & 11th callers on the Y101 studio lines. The money amount timer will start. To win the money amount specified, either caller must yell their name before the pig squeals AND before the other caller yells their name. The money will start at an amount determined by a member of the WYOY-FM on-air staff. To participate, call WYOY-FM in at (601) 995-1017.
7. Participants of WYOY-FM contests and promotions must be at least 18 years old, and can win only once every 90 days where the prize value is greater than 600 dollars. You can win only once every 30 days where the prize value is less than 600 dollars, unless otherwise specified.
8. The WYOY-FM management reserves the right to withhold prize(s) from any contest winner as a result of giving false information upon winning the prize(s).
9. All prize claims are subject to verification. A valid photo ID Driver’s License is required or two forms of other ID, one being photo, and the other either Birth Certificate or Social Security Card.
10. Prizes cannot and will not be transferred to anyone else. If you decide that you cannot use or do not want your prize won, the prize will be forfeited. You are, however, still ineligible to win again for thirty (30) days.
11. All prizes are forfeited unless claimed within 30 days or unless prior arrangements are made.
12. WYOY-FM disclaims any responsibility for the inability to complete a phone call whether due to telephone equipment or overload and / or malfunction, busy lines, etc.
13. The winner waives any and all claims of liability against New South Radio, Inc. d.b.a. The Radio People and WYOY-FM, its owners, its employees, and agents for any accident, loss or injury occurring as a result or consequences of any contest or prize(s). WYOY-FM also remains harmless for any contest conducted with a sponsor or third party affiliate, where the delivery of the prize becomes impossible and / or substitution is necessary due to cancellation of event, failure to deliver, act of God, or any other reason in which WYOY-FM had no prior knowledge or reason to believe this type of occurrence would take place.
14. Acceptance of prize (s) constitutes permission of WYOY-FM, it’s sponsors and its agencies to use winner name, voice, and / or likeness for purposes of advertising “on all forms of media including print, broadcasting, and internet” without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
15. Calling the WYOY-FM studio lines for contest participation or otherwise, gives consent to record and/or broadcast telephone calls on air without further acknowledgement or notification. *i.e. (601) 995-1017.
16. By participating in a WYOY-FM contest, participants agree to be bound by the official rules and the decisions of WYOY-FM management. Rules are subject to change.
17. All prizes can be claimed at the WYOY-FM Building at 265 Highpoint Drive, Ridgeland, MS. 39157 during business hours (Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00 pm), unless otherwise specified, and/or arranged with the Y101 Business Office.
18. Odds of winning a WYOY-FM contest may depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating in the given contest.
19. Any discrepancies, conflicts, or confusion in relation to any contest, will be referred to WYOY-FM Programming management. The decision of WYOY-FM ( New South Radio Inc. d.b.a. WYOY) is FINAL.